Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
If you want to make something special for your loved one on this special day but you don't have lots of time, here is something quick and easy to make...Mini Strawberry Friands.
Makes 10. Preparation 10 mins. Cooking 20 mins.
Recipe adapted from The Australian Women's Weekly.
2 egg whites
60g butter, melted
1/3 cup (40g) almond meal (ground almonds)
1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar
2 Tbsp plain flour
2 small strawberries. sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot 200C or 180C fan forced.
- Grease 10 mini muffin pan holes
- Place egg whites in a small bowl, whisk lightly, add butter, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour. Whisk until just combined.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of mixture into each hole. Top with strawberry slice.
- Bake about 20 min.
- Turn onto wire rack to cool, right way up. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with extra sifted icing sugar.