Few people have asked me the recipes for some of the cakes I baked and I'm happy to share the recipes here. I will be posting the recipes in the blog..so watch this space!
Here is one of my favourite recipe, my version of Apple and Walnut Cake.
The original recipe is from Woman's Day Kitchen, but I have altered it to my liking.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 large Granny Smith (3 1⁄2 cups), peeled, cored and slice, I like to use Braeburn or Pacific Rose.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 180ºC. Coat a 10-in. tube pan with removable tube insert with nonstick spray.
2. Spread half of the apples and all the walnuts on the bottom of the pan.
3. Whisk sugar, oil, apple juice, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until blended.
4. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in the rest of apples.
5. Scrape mixture into prepared pan.
6. Bake 1 hour and 10 to 20 minutes.
7. Let cool in pan on wire rack 1 hour. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely before lifting cake off bottom of pan.